Website Federal Aviation Administration
This position will be with the Associate Administrator for Aviation Safety, AVS, Office of Quality, Integration and Executive Services, AQS, External Audit & Reporting Branch, AQS-110. As a Management and Program Analyst in the External Audit & Reporting Branch (AQS-110), the incumbent performs a wide variety of complex programmatic and analytical functions involved in program planning, management, and evaluation within Aviation Safety (AVS).
- As a subject matter expert (SME) and program manager, provides leadership and coordination to teams conducting complex and controversial studies related to planning and performance programs.
- Serves as a primary liaison for AVS activities related to the Office of Inspector General (OIG), the Government
Accountability Office (GAO) and provides guidance to management officials, technical and administrative personnel as well as a matrix team of AVS conducting OIG and GAO audits related to congressional reporting activities.
- Evaluates complex national programs, processes, and policies to develop management systems and practices that are nationwide in applicability. Facilitates the development of national management systems and policies, conducts data collection, as well as reviews, analyzes, and reports on AVS programs. Develops recommendations for process improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, develops and implements baseline performance measurements and comparing performance with the baseline. Collects and analyzes data, derives conclusions and makes recommendations based on those
conclusions for senior management review and approval.
- Conducts research and develops reports, graphs and charts to address management inquiries, and briefs senior
management officials and identifies areas requiring further analysis. Manages ad-hoc reports as required
Advises the AVS senior management team and agency officials on organizational planning and resource utilization issues that directly influence policy and operational decisions affecting national and international aviation safety programs managed and directed by AVS.
- Assembles business plan and programmatic information for the AVS Dashboard.
- Responds to data collection requests from AVS, FAA and DOT officials.
- Works with employees and leadership at all levels of the organization.
- To view the complete qualifications standard, applicants should reference-U.S. Office of Personnel Management Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Management and Program Analysis Series, 0343: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0300/management-and-program-analysis-series-0343/
- To qualify for this position you must demonstrate in your application that you possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to FV-I, FG/GS-13 in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position.
- Specialized experience may include but not limited to: Experience evaluating complex data, analyzing facts to prepare and edit reports and briefings for senior management for nationwide programs with technical and/or programmatic subject matter.
- Applicants should include examples of specialized experience in their Work History.
- Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Company: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A