Website Federal Aviation Administration
Aviation Safety Inspectors in this specialty (Air Carrier Operations) apply knowledge and skills typically acquired as airmen (pilots, navigators, flight instructors, etc.), to develop and administer regulations and safety standards pertaining to the operation of aircraft. The Hillsboro, OR location is for the Cascadia CMO, Horizon Air Certificate. The Des Moines, WA location is for the Cascadia CMO, Alaska Air Certificate.
- Examining airmen for initial certification and continuing competence;
- evaluating airmen training programs, equipment, and facilities;
- evaluating the operational aspect of programs of air carriers and similar commercial and aviation operations for adequacy of facilities,
- equipment, procedures, and overall management to ensure safe operation of the aircraft.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Designated or Random Drug Testing required.
- Veterans’ preference documents must be uploaded/submitted with application.
- Medical and pilot certificates must be uploaded/submitted with application.
- Copies of the front and back of your certificates must be submitted.
- Ensure resume includes the FAR part each company operated under.
- Ensure resume includes the aircraft for which you have experience.
Company: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A