Website Federal Aviation Administration
This position is located in the Office of Airports Planning and Programming (APP); Airports Financial Assistance Division (APP-500); and can be assigned to any subordinate branch within APP-500 as needed. The incumbent serves as Branch Manager and is responsible for the planning, formulation, direction, implementation, evaluation, and reporting of the Office of Airports grants-in-aid to airports programming activities. This includes building and finalizing nation-wide program, multi-billion dollar sets of projects for financial assistance such as the Airport Improvement Program (AIP), Supplemental Discretionary AIP, component AIP programs, and certain related grant programs as may be assigned.
Responsible for oversight, formulation, and execution, including specific allocation of funds to each of a broad range of airport improvement projects and associated initiatives such as noise mitigation, environmental sustainability, the Military Airport Program, and special national safety initiatives. In addition, crafts new programs and focus areas for novel initiatives, including sustainability, new technologies, value-enhancements, and environmental stewardship.
- This Level 2 (Non-Critical Sensitive; Secret) position requires favorable adjudication of an Access National Agency Check and Inquiries (ANACI) background investigation prior to appointment, unless a waiver is obtained.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Review the Additional Information Section of this vacancy announcement for important information regarding pre-employment COVID Vaccine requirement.
- Unless previously completed, the incumbent must satisfactorily complete a 1-year probationary period to remain in this supervisory or managerial position.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Designated or Random Drug Testing required.
Company: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A