Website Federal Aviation Administration
The Assistant Aircrew Program Manager (AAPM) serves as a full assistant to an Aircrew Program Manager and is responsible for the adequacy of aircrew ground and flight training/testing and standards for specific aircraft of an
Develops a work program to insure periodic surveillance of designated pilot and flight engineer examiners, pilot and flight engineer check airmen, and company training programs. Assures the assigned air carrier conducts flight crew training and testing required by appropriate FARs, FAA-approved training programs, and current testing standards. Oversees company check airmen and APDs. Serves as the technical advisor to the POI on assigned areas of the company’s training and testing programs. Coordinates technical instructions, policy orders, and procedures through the POI to assure uniformity of training and testing activities. Conducts enforcement investigations and prepares final reports and recommendations on disposition. Performs or assists in the emergency suspension of airmen certificates. Conducts reexamination of certificated airmen. Conducts investigations of public complaints, congressional inquiries, and aircraft incidents and accidents. The incumbent will be required to participate in the flight program as an aircrew member and, as such, must meet the medical and flight currency requirements as set forth in agency orders governing the operation of the aircraft.
- Not more than two separate incidents involving Federal aviation regulations violations in the last 5 years;
- Valid State driver’s license;
- Fluency in the English language;
- No chemical dependencies or drug abuse that could interfere with job performance; and
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must submit an SF50 (See Required Documents)
Company: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A