Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
As an FBI Special Agent, you can expect continued specialized training once onboard and opportunities to work on some of the Bureau’s most complex cases. The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Demonstrated health expertise and ability to respond calmly and effectively in crisis situations.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in a medical, health or public safety discipline) from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Ability to quickly grasp details of cases requiring health and medical expertise and clearly communicate the impact to nonexpert colleagues and teams both internally and externally.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newark, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A