Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
FBI Special Agents apply their professional experience and unique skill sets to their work. Many come from professional backgrounds such as psychology, forensic psychology, counseling and social work. Your social science background could significantly contribute to our work by analyzing motives and providing professional insight to help keep people safe.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in psychology, social work, counseling or similar fields) from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A