Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique skill sets to their work every day and that includes law enforcement and military backgrounds. As an FBI Special Agent with a military or law enforcement background, you can apply your tactical skills, leadership, integrity and teamwork to gathering evidence or helping to dismantle a criminal enterprise.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- FBI Police Officer applicants are required to sign a continued service agreement that notes their willingness to remain in the FBI Police Officer position for a minimum of two years from the date they first report to duty.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Newark, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A