Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique skill sets to their work every day. Many come from professional backgrounds, including STEM. Because technology permeates every aspect of what we do, we need logical thinkers experienced in network security, computer science, software engineering, mathematical formulation and more.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in IT, forensic science, computer technology or similar disciplines) from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A