Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
The FBI’s Applications and Data Division is looking for passionate technologists to help us face some of the nation’s toughest challenges. We provide end-to-end technical services for the applications and data that enable FBI Special Agents and Intelligence Analysts around the world to protect the American public and uphold the U.S. Constitution. Join us in developing technologies to further the mission of the FBI. Our goal is simple: stay ahead of threats by delivering on the potential of software and data.
- As a Software Engineer, you will design and develop data platforms and solutions; collect and analyze system requirements; evaluate viable options; test and conduct quality assurance, configuration and change management; and provide ongoing maintenance and support.
- Must never have failed to file federal, state or local income tax returns.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- No use of any other illegal drug in the past 10 years.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Must be in compliance with the FBI Employment Drug Policy:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must pass an FBI-administered urinalysis drug test.
- Must never have knowingly or willfully engaged in acts or activities designed to overthrow the U.S. government by force.
- Must pass an FBI polygraph examination.
- No use of a prescription drug or a legally obtainable substance in a manner for which it was not intended within the last three years.
- Must never have been convicted of a felony.
- No selling, distributing, manufacturing or transporting of any illegal drugs.
- No use of marijuana within the last three years.
- Must not be in default on a student loan insured by the U.S. government.
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a valid driver’s license.
Qualification & Experience:
- The ability to work on multiple parallel projects and tasks and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) concepts.
- Experience in software engineering development methodologies including Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, design patterns).
- Ability to develop software using Java, C++ and Python.
- Some experience with alternative database technologies such as ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation and Durability) as found in many relational database management systems and BASE (Basic Availability, Soft State and Eventual Consistency) as found in many NoSQL database management systems.
- The ability to comprehend and analyze complex technical problems and quickly identify and implement solutions to address those problems.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and debugging skills necessary to determine the root cause of a software defect or technical issue.
- Strong programming and analytical skills.
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Clarksburg, WV, US
Application Deadline: N/A