Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
The FBI is seeking Contract Linguists proficient in Chinese-Mandarin, Arabic-Yemeni, Pashto-Afghani, Persian-Farsi, and Somali. At the FBI, Contract Linguists provide valuable knowledge of foreign languages and cultures to support investigations into counterintelligence threats, cases of corruption, espionage, cybercrime, human trafficking, and other offenses. Your work could provide valuable intelligence that could help prevent terrorist activity and save American lives.
- Work onsite; however, Contract Linguists may be asked to travel on temporary duty assignments, such as serving as interpreters at overseas training sessions.
- Translate written or audio materials, normally from a foreign language into English.
- Testify at trials, help interview suspects, victims, and witnesses and occasionally accompany Special Agents on searches or arrests.
- Interpret during a crucial subject interview for an investigation or during a visit from a foreign dignitary.
- Provide cultural expertise relating to any matter over which the FBI has jurisdiction.
- Be a U.S. citizen. If you have dual citizenship, you are not required to renounce your native citizenship, but be willing to renounce if asked.
- Have lived in the United States for three of the last five years, unless employed outside of the country by the federal government.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Be prepared to undergo a language proficiency test battery, polygraph and comprehensive background investigation.
- Be available to work onsite at least 20 hours a week and perform work as mutually agreed upon with the local FBI office.
- Be at least 18 years old.
Qualification & Experience:
- Successful candidates must exhibit proficiency in English and pass the required components of the FBI’s Foreign Language Test Battery (FLTB). The FBI looks for candidates with skill levels that score in the general professional proficiency range according to the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILP) scale (www.govtilr.org).
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A