Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
FBI Special Agents apply their professional experience and unique skill sets to their work every day. Because technology permeates every aspect of what we do, our Agents also come from all IT backgrounds: network information, cybersecurity, computer science, digital forensics and other technical specialties. We need professionals experienced in network security, computer science and software engineering to prevent cybercrimes, data theft, ransomware and other attacks to our national security.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in computer science, engineering, data science, information technology or similar disciplines) from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Newark, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A