Website Food and Drug Administration
This Direct-Hire position is in the Food and Drug Administration, located in various centers throughout the FDA. NOTE: Based on the center, specific Physician duties may vary from described duties in the announcement.
- Serve as a technical resident expert on various medical issues and products to include new drugs and tobacco products as well as medical devices, food safety and/or veterinarian medicine.
- Physicians will support the administration of health programs through a variety of activities. May develop clinical rationale for the coverage of new medical services, devices, and/or diagnostic methods.
- Support the administration of occupational health programs and safety and health initiatives, provide associated consultation services. Determine the safety or efficacy of medical products and/or consumer drugs in clinical settings.
- Monitor the post market safety and effectiveness of medical devices and/or drug/tobacco products, food safety and veterinarian medicine marked and used nationwide.
- Background Investigation Requirement: All employees must pass a security investigation. Failing to pass the background check may be grounds for removal or legal action. If hired, you may be subject to additional investigations at a later time.
- Direct Deposit: You will be required to have all federal salary payments electronically deposited into a bank account with a financial institution of your choice.
- Certification of Accuracy: All information concerning eligibility and qualification is subject to investigation and verification. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, or appropriate legal action.
- FDA participates in e-Verify: All new hires must complete the I-9 form; this information will be processed through e-Verify to determine your employment eligibility. If a discrepancy arises, you must take affirmative steps to resolve the matter.
- Citizenship Requirement: U.S. Citizenship is required
Company: Food and Drug Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A