Website Food and Drug Administration
The Division of Biomedical Physics in the FDA’s Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH), Office of Science and Engineering Laboratories (OSEL) has an opening in Silver Spring, MD for a full-time staff scientist / engineer in the Patient Monitoring and Control Program. The candidate should have a strong background in artificial intelligence techniques applied to patient monitoring and medical data with experience in one or more of the following areas: artificial intelligence and machine learning applied to physiologic and medical time-series data; development of computational tools for analysis of physiologic and medical data; design and evaluation of patient monitoring algorithms for tracking/detecting/predicting disease; statistical signal processing of physiologic signals. The position involves laboratory and computational research, and policy or consulting support for reviews of new medical devices and analysis of device failures. The successful candidate will generate written technical and scientific documents for peer-reviewed publications and consulting support activities.
- Ph.D. from an accredited university in engineering, computer science or a relevant health science field.
- At least three years of experience planning and conducting state-of-the-art computational and/or laboratory research of patient monitoring algorithms and systems. Demonstration of a track record of independent work is required.
- Experience reviewing, analyzing, and using scientific data or other information to advance and convey understanding of medical devices including artificial intelligence techniques applied to patient monitoring systems.
- Knowledge of the scientific principles and practices associated with designing and evaluating patient monitoring algorithms.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and contribute to multi-disciplinary teams and work groups to resolve difficult or controversial research questions.
- Excellent scientific writing and communication skills.
Company: Food and Drug Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Healthcare
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A