Website Food and Drug Administration
This position is in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS) located in Beltsville, MD.
- Serve as a Branch Chief in the Office of Science.
- Plan, organize and direct studies to isolate and define the product science aspects contributing to public health issues and problems. Develops strategies and programs to understand and address the population component of public health issues.
- Serve as an engineer expert in matters related to a designated area of responsibility. Advise and assist the Center Director, Deputy Director and other key official on engineering issues that have impact on policy, direction, and long-range goals.
- Collaborate with other CTP/Agency staff in the design of public health programs, to understand and incorporate engineering aspects in an integrated approach to disease or injury prevention.
- Supervise a staff of engineers, Plan and schedule work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust long and short term priorities and prepare schedules for completion of work when necessary.
- Direct Deposit: You will be required to have all federal salary payments electronically deposited into a bank account with a financial institution of your choice.
- THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO EXECUTIVE ORDER 14043 MANDATING COVID-19 VACCINATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYEES. See section titled Next Steps for more Conditions of Employment for this position.
- Certification of Accuracy: All information concerning eligibility and qualification is subject to investigation and verification. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, or appropriate legal action.
- Citizenship Requirement: You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this advertisement unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Background Investigation Requirement: All employees must pass a security investigation. Failing to pass the background check may be grounds for removal or legal action. If hired, you may be subject to additional investigations at a later time.
- FDA participates in e-Verify: All new hires must complete the I-9 form; this information will be processed through e-Verify to determine your employment eligibility. If a discrepancy arises, you must take affirmative steps to resolve the matter.
Company: Food and Drug Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A