Website Food and Drug Administration
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS), Research Staff (RS), Knowledge Management Branch (KM), located in Beltsville, MD.
- Works with staff in compiling data to present in support of Agency recommendations on scientific issues and proposes areas of study for in-house and contract research projects.
- Contributes to the writing technical and scientific reports based on findings from the tobacco regulatory science research portfolio.
- Participates in addressing scientific activities and coordination to support pre- and post-market reviews of tobacco product applications.
- Serves as a Knowledge Management expert in collaborating on the processes and technologies necessary to support the Office’s information infrastructure.
- You must meet ALL requirements by the closing date of this announcement to be considered. Only education, experience, and qualifications attained by this date will be considered. You must continue to meet all requirements through the hiring process.
- Certification of Accuracy: All information concerning eligibility and qualification is subject to investigation and verification. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, or appropriate legal action.
- Time-in-Grade Requirement: If you are applying as a current Federal employee, you must meet the time-in-grade requirements described in the Qualifications section, generally, 52-weeks of comparable experience at the next lowest grade.
- Citizenship Requirement: You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this advertisement unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Selective Service Registration: All applicants born male, on (or after) 12/31/1959, must be registered with the Selective Service System OR have an approved exemption. Visit www.SSS.gov for more info.
- Background Investigation Requirement: All employees must pass a security investigation. Failing to pass the background check may be grounds for removal or legal action. If hired, you may be subject to additional investigations at a later time.
- THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO EXECUTIVE ORDER 14043 MANDATING COVID-19 VACCINATION FOR FEDERAL EMPLOYEES. See section titled Next Steps for more Conditions of Employment for this position.
- FDA participates in e-Verify: All new hires must complete the I-9 form; this information will be processed through e-Verify to determine your employment eligibility. If a discrepancy arises, you must take affirmative steps to resolve the matter.
- Direct Deposit: You will be required to have all federal salary payments electronically deposited into a bank account with a financial institution of your choice.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy, within the same geographical area, by other organizational elements from within FDA, through shared corporate recruiting activities.
Company: Food and Drug Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A