Website Food and Drug Administration
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS), Science Policy Branch (SPB),
- Consults with scientific subject matter experts such as chemists, epidemiologists, medical professionals, and other public health experts as well as legal professionals concerning ongoing and established scientific programs, studies, or projects.
- Collects scientific information to support the development of programs, processes, policies, and regulations to decrease the tobacco use.
- Participates in the development and implementation of programs (e.g., communication and process improvement initiatives).
- Evaluates methodology of past and proposed regulatory program options for achieving Agency public health goals.
- Performs conventional research investigations, contributes to science policy recommendations, and monitors program implementation for consistency with scientific principles related to toxicology.
- Selective Service Registration: All applicants born male, on (or after) 12/31/1959, must be registered with the Selective Service System OR have an approved exemption. Visit www.SSS.gov for more info.
- Time-in-Grade Requirement: If you are applying as a current Federal employee, you must meet the time-in-grade requirements described in the Qualifications section, generally, 52-weeks of comparable experience at the next lowest grade.
- FDA participates in e-Verify: All new hires must complete the I-9 form; this information will be processed through e-Verify to determine your employment eligibility. If a discrepancy arises, you must take affirmative steps to resolve the matter.
- Certification of Accuracy: All information concerning eligibility and qualification is subject to investigation and verification. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, or appropriate legal action.
- Citizenship Requirement: You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this advertisement unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- You must meet ALL requirements by the closing date of this announcement to be considered. Only education, experience, and qualifications attained by this date will be considered. You must continue to meet all requirements through the hiring process.
- Background Investigation Requirement: All employees must pass a security investigation. Failing to pass the background check may be grounds for removal or legal action. If hired, you may be subject to additional investigations at a later time..
Company: Food and Drug Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A