Website Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
This position is located in the Division of Risk Management Supervision of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in the areas of examining and supervising insured financial institutions. There is one position that may be filled in any of the locations listed.
- Serves as the contact point for special audits, inquires by outside organizations and other divisions within the Corporation.
- Conducts or participates in conferences with high-level personnel of Federal and state regulatory agencies, insured depository officials, and the public on all types of problems and issues, often of a controversial nature.
- Participates with planning and development of new and revised procedures and techniques for dealing with failing and problem insured depository institutions.
- Prepares, analyzes, and reviews applications for new, large, or complex insured depository institutions, mergers, branches, and changes of control.
- Provides technical advice, counsel, and guidance to examiners and subject matter experts on special situations, complex examinations and on the coverage and preparation of large or difficult examination reports.
- Prepares special examination memoranda containing analyses and recommendations for action on the most complex or problem insured depository institutions.
- Conducts examinations of complex institutions and negotiations with officials of insured depository institutions, state regulatory authorities, and others relative to varied bank problems, applications, and other special highly complex assignments.
- Reviews and/or prepares complex investigation reports concerning pending applications and prepares for the Regional Director a draft of the recommendation to be made to the Director of the Division of Risk Management Supervision or appropriate delegated authority action for signature of the Regional Director.
- Coordinates horizontal reviews of large institutions as well as institutions that may require heightened monitoring and creates strategies to detect, assess, and mitigate identified risks.
- Participates with Regional management, via the Regional Risk Committee and other interdivisional groups, in early identification of emerging risks and implementation of appropriate supervisory responses to address risks.
Company: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Harrisburg, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A