Website Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
This position is located in the Division of Complex Institution Supervision and Resolution (CISR), Systemic Risk Branch, of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in developing resolution strategies under Title II of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (DFA), in the event failure under bankruptcy could threaten the financial stability of the United States.
- Leads multi-divisional teams that are cross-divisional and cross-CISR groups.
- Interprets and applies applicable FDIC rules and regulations and regulatory guidelines in the development and assessment of policy initiatives.
- Performs a wide variety of analytical, evaluative activities in the development and assessment of FDIC policy related to Title I and Title II.
- Advises senior management on policies and strategies for the development, review, analysis, and evaluation of resolutions plans associated with large complex financial institutions.
- Responds to correspondence and inquiries from domestic and international regulatory and supervisory personnel, bankers, government officials and members of the public.
- Prepares materials and provides support in cooperation with the Legal Division for corporate legislative efforts and internal initiatives relating to Title I and Title II.
- Develops and drafts rulemakings and other legal documents in consultation with the Legal Division pertaining to CISR activities.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with staff of other Divisions and Offices within the Corporation, officials of other supervisory and regulatory agencies including the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Federal Reserve, Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Treasury Department, foreign authorities, and representatives of financial institutions and private industry.
- Prepares speeches, testimonies, briefing documents and other materials for the Deputy Director and other senior FDIC officials dealing with large complex financial institutions matters.
Company: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A