Website Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
This position is located in the Division of Risk Management Supervision, Kansas City Regional Office of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in the areas of risk management supervision, serving as coordinator for enforcement of criminal activities and provides guidance to field examiners and case managers on special investigations
- Coordinates and reviews activities, investigations, and reports involving the possible assessment of civil money penalties.
- Reviews and evaluates reports of examination where criminal activities and investigations were identified. Prepares letters to the Washington Office, State Banking Departments, and banks summarizing significant matters as required.
- Makes contact, and coordinates activities, with federal law enforcement agencies regarding significant SARs, or those in which the Corporation has a prosecutorial interest. Serves as the point of contact with the Special Activities Section, all law enforcement agencies, and FinCEN in regard to the SAR system and bank fraud matters.
- Reviews examiner prepared civil money penalties (CMP) referrals, to the Department of Treasury, recommends and processes further action. Prepares, reviews and processes recommendations for informal actions, and actions under the Federal Deposit Insurance (FDI) Act for BSA violations. Serves as point of contact with the Special Activities Section, and coordinates activities with the Department of Treasury. Keeps informed of current events related to money laundering and other suspicious activity.
- Provides guidance to field examiners, case managers, and Regional Office management on activities regarding the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and investigations. Provides guidance to bank personnel as to current transaction reporting (CTR) filings, record keeping requirements, compliance with Part 326 and related Corporation guidelines. Makes presentations at seminars, meetings, and other training events to bank industry groups regarding bank fraud and BSA/Anti-Money Laundering (AML).
- Manages regional access to the Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) System, an on-line database of SARs and CTRs. Performs queries to determine if criminal referrals or SARs have been filed against a particular individual, or by a specified financial institution. Monitors the SAR system to obtain SARs of a significant nature, and disseminates this information to appropriate Corporation personnel. Provides information to the field office on any SARs, or related matters, which may have a bearing on an upcoming examination, or may warrant a special visitation or examination.
- Reviews and evaluates reports of investigations prepared by field examiners on applications submitted by banks; prepares memoranda for Regional Director’s signature with recommendations for submission to the Washington Office for action by the Board of Directors; or, where authorized by delegated authority, prepares memoranda, orders, statements and letters to applicants and State authorities on all applications approved at the Regional level.
Company: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A