Website Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
This position is located in the Division of Risk Management Supervision, Dallas, TX Field Office of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in the Dallas Region and provides support in assessing the safety and soundness of financial institutions. Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
- As Senior Risk Examiner, the incumbent conducts, supervises and directs examinations of insured depository institutions, and where applicable trust, Bank Secrecy Act, and information system (IS) departments, to determine their financial condition, evaluate management, and determine compliance with applicable laws and regulations. When not supervising/directing the examination, the Senior Risk Examiner assists in the examination of an institution.
- Plans and conducts examinations of significant complexity and sensitivity such as for institutions with assets greater than $10 Billion; institutions with assets and/or funding concentration risks; rapid asset growth; problematic ratings; dominant management; institutions reported in Quarterly Lending Alert, Niche Banks, Denovo Institutions; etc. Plans and conducts ‘back-up authority’ examinations for institutions where FDIC is not the primary regulator.
- Reviews trust, Bank Secrecy Act, and (IS) departments’ operations and policies. Provides an assessment of unsafe and unsound practices, and violations of laws and regulations which have affected or may affect the condition and soundness of the institution under examination.
Appraises and classifies assets; analyzes liabilities and capital reviews dividend and charge-off policies; analyzes earnings trends and future prospects; evaluates management and the soundness of its institution operations, management, policy or other areas subject to criticism. Prepares and submits confidential reports of examination.
- Assigns, directs, and reviews the work of Financial Institution Specialists, assistants and other examiners. Serves as a coach and mentor to less tenured and non-commissioned examiners. Trains, evaluates, and provides feedback and input to the rating official on the progress and performance of personnel working under his/her direction.
- Meets with insured depository institution officials and/or boards of directors to discuss the findings of the examination, discusses corrective programs, and obtain commitments for correction of deficiencies.
- Prepares and submit confidential reports of examination and, as circumstances dictate, coordinates joint or concurrent examination activities with State examiner counterparts.
- Evaluates and submits written reports on an institution’s trust, Bank Secrecy Act department and/or IS services.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found To qualify, applicants must have completed at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the 12 grade level or above in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience as a commissioned Risk Examiner at the FDIC or another organization with comparable commissioning criteria to that which is used by FDIC’s Division of Risk Management Supervision which included evaluating a financial institution’s safety, soundness, and risk posed to the FDIC’s Insurance Fund.
Company: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A