Website Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
This position is located in the Indianapolis, IN Field Office of the Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, Chicago Region, of the FDIC and provides support in the areas of examination, investigations, and other activities related to consumer protection, fair lending and civil rights laws and regulations.
- Serves as a key field office representative responsible for planning and conducting comprehensive compliance examination activities throughout his/her assigned geographical area.
- Conducts, oversees, or directs highly complex and/or sensitive bank examinations, investigations and other activities relating to consumer protection, fair lending and civil rights laws and regulations.
- Prepares and submits confidential reports of examination, detailed consultation memorandums and other materials as required.
- Provides advice, counsel and on-the-job training in applicable compliance examination and investigative techniques.
- Meets with bank officials and/or board of directors to discuss findings of the examination.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious/spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Additional qualifications information can be found To qualify, applicants must have completed at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the grade 12 level or above in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has provided the applicant knowledge and ability to perform investigations and other activities related to consumer protection, fair lending and civil rights laws and regulations, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and associated enforcement responsibilities. Applicant must have obtained Commissioned (Compliance) Examiner status in the FDIC or another organization with comparable commission criteria to that used by the FDIC’s Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection. Applicants must have met the qualification requirements (including selective placement factors – if any) for this position within 30 calendar days of the closing date of this announcement.
Company: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A