Website Federal Law Enforcement
As a Senior Digital Forensic IR Investigator within Verizon’s Investigative Response team, you’ll be expected to serve as a tactical arm of the team, conducting live incident response, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and other IT investigative work. Due to the inherent volatility of investigative response work, the candidate will be expected to discharge the various responsibilities assigned to their role while successfully managing a variable case load. In this role, you will be responsible for integrity in analysis, quality in client deliverables, as well as gathering case-load intelligence.You will operate in a close team of computer forensics, fraud examiners, and other IT investigative experts, as well as customer management, counsel, human resources, and other IT technical personnel.
- Leading an engagement in at least 2 of our core offerings.
- PCI-related IR/Forensics investigations, Financial Services, Intellectual Property, Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT), Expert Witness/Litigation Support, IR Training, Industrial Control Systems and Mobile Phone Forensics.
- Assist customers in responding rapidly and effectively to computer-related incidents and consistently exceed expectations while working in a customer-facing setting.
- Quickly identify the source of a security breach and move toward containment.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel.
- Four or more years of experience in a forensics security environment.
- Experience in the tools, techniques, and methodologies surrounding incident response, computer forensics, industrial control; systems, IoT, and eDiscovery.
- Knowledge and experience in UNIX, Linux, Windows, MacOS.
- Experience conducting security assessments, penetration testing, and ethical hacking.
- Experience with malware analysis and reverse engineering, network forensics, memory forensics and mobile forensics.
- Experience with evidentiary procedures, volatile criminal/civil situations, fraud analysis and an IR fundamental.
- Experience of managing the day-to-day aspects of protected customer relationships, as well as IT investigative cases and corporate security incidents.
- Experience in electronic crimes law enforcement, military intelligence, or with a security professional services organization.
Company: Federal Law Enforcement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Military
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A