Website Federal Reserve Board
Senior Financial Institution and Policy Analysts work under limited guidance to design and conduct in-depth analyses on quantitative and qualitative data. Serve as the project or team leader for Section, Division, Board, or system initiatives. May also serve as Board liaison or representative in consulting/collaborating with domestic agencies, international authorities, and/or standard-setting bodies. Prepare and deliver communications including presentations and recommendations to others in the Section/Division and/or to external stakeholders. Act as recognized domain experts within the Division. Some travel is required.
Reserve Bank Operations and Payment Systems (RBOPS): Senior Financial Institution and Policy Analysts identify options, assess trade-offs, measure outcomes, and develop consensus related to novel and highly complex projects involving Federal Reserve Banks’ policies, operations, compliance, and information management; systemically important financial market infrastructures (FMIs); payment, clearance, and settlement (PCS) activities; and the broader financial and payment systems. They regularly collaborate with staff from the Federal Reserve System, other domestic and international authorities, and international standard-setting bodies, in a manner that involves working independently without direct engagement of Board official staff. Projects include those that ultimately lead to decisions by the Board; Board Committees, notably the Committee on Federal Reserve Bank Affairs (BAC) and the Payments System Policy Advisory Committee (PSPAC); and senior Division and Reserve Banks’ management.
- Data Collection & Analysis: The ability to collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial Analysis: The ability to conduct financial analyses to identify patterns, trends, or themes in financial or operational data
- Risk Management: The ability to utilize risk management principles to evaluate and mitigate potential risks
- Reviews and Examinations: The ability to participate in or lead reviews and/or examinations of Reserve Banks or other financial institutions
- Knowledge of Financial Markets and Institutions: The ability to apply an understanding of how financial markets and institutions are impacted by changes in regulations and policy and vise-versa
- Knowledge of Relevant Policy: The ability to interpret, apply and recommend changes as needed to policies specific to areas of responsibility
- Knowledge of Relevant Law and Regulation: The ability to interpret and apply law and regulations related to areas of responsibility; evaluates the impact of changes in law and/or regulations
Company: Federal Reserve Board
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A