The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS. When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information. This position starts at an hourly wage of $31.04 (WG-11). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Logistics Management Directorate team within FEMA.
- Assisting the Distribution Center (DC) Supervisor in the management oversight of the DC’s generator and fleet maintenance program.
- Troubleshooting and repairing powered support systems, including engines, generators, alternators, gears and compressors, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical components (i.e. Fans, belts, and pumps).
- Troubleshooting, repairs, and/or overhauls major fleet components and systems such as engines, transmissions, differentials and transaxles, electronic fuel injection systems, emission control systems, and related electrical, electronic, hydraulic, fuel, and other assemblies.
- Developing DC equipment maintenance plans, policies and procedures in concert with Logistics Management Directorate Policies, plans, and procedures; and operating forklifts and other material handling equipment as required.
- Acting as the Contracting Officers Representative (COR) in overseeing and evaluating the technical performance of contractors hired to perform operational checks that ensure operational readiness when disaster strikes.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Gulfport, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A