The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS. When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
- Performing reviews and/or develop Hazard Mitigation Proposals for Public Assistance (PA) grant projects to determine technical feasibility and cost effectiveness utilizing FEMA approved BCA software and methodologies.
- Performing reviews of Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) grant projects to determine technical feasibility and cost effectiveness utilizing FEMA approved BCA software and methodologies.
- Reviewing other analysis for complete and appropriate documentation and standard adherence and effectiveness in substantially reducing the effects of future damages.
- Providing engineering or architecture research and advice in support of disaster operations and programs.
- Participating in kick-off meetings & site visits with PA, performs project monitoring and closeout activities, provides technical assistance and training to states and communities.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Travel will be required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Gulfport, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A