The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS. When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
- Providing information and explanations of Housing Assistance, Other Needs Assistance Grants, and other programs to applicants.
- Conducting verification activities to determine eligibility of applicants for disaster assistance through direct contact with applicants, in order to gather and disseminate information.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for persons inquiring about disaster assistance by telephone. Conducting telephone interviews with disaster survivors who have been affected by a declared disaster.
- Assisting applicants by telephone and in person, determining applicant needs, and providing instructions and referrals to appropriate disaster programs, community resources, and other Federal agencies, as appropriate.
- Processing applicant cases, re-certifications, audits, and recoups and lodging reimbursement from disaster assistance applicants.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional conditions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A