The ideal candidate will be experienced in initiating, developing, administering, and coordinating training requirements in emergency management operations programs. This position starts at a salary of $87,198 (GS-12) or $103,690 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the National Continuity Programs team within FEMA.
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
- When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
- EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee’s official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
- Managing, coordinating, and assessing emergency preparedness training programs.
- Providing emergency preparedness training support and guidance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Performing as a spokesperson at meetings, committees, and working groups. Facilitating virtual and/or in person presentations.
- Writing clear and concise documents for inclusion in emergency management guides, reports, and other products.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration required.
- Current federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A