The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS. When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
- Managing and providing daily reporting and tracking on workload progress; effectively communicating progress to leadership
- Mentoring, coaching, and building teams; providing programmatic resources and support to staff; evaluating the technical proficiency and quality of written products completed by staff.
- Researching, interpreting and adhering to guidance, policy, and regulations in a predictable and consistent way.
- Explaining guidance, policy and regulations to a wide range of stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Analyzing interrelated, various complex issues to provide written recommendations; written recommendations must be complete, clear, and concise.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Travel will be required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Tyler, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A