Responds to alarms and protects life and property by performing firefighting, emergency medicine, hazard control and other duties as assigned. Maintains fire and emergency medical equipment, apparatus, and facilities. Upholds District mission and values. Works under the supervision of a Fire Captain, or his/her assigned representative in the absence of the Fire Captain.
- Responds to emergency calls and public service calls as dispatched within District coverage areas and on mutual aid assignments.
- Provides basic life support and first aid treatment in accordance with Arizona laws, Arizona Department of Health Services rules and regulations, regional protocols, and base hospital directions.
- Drives or attends to patients within departmental ambulance or rescue transport vehicles as required.
- Performs firefighting activities including driving fire apparatus, operating pumps and related equipment, laying hose, and performing fire combat, containment, extinguishments and overhaul.
- Performs salvage operations including throwing salvage covers, sweeping water, and removing debris.
- Operates and cares for self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Completes necessary paperwork and documentation as required on calls for service.
- Writes reports accurately and in a timely manner, documenting incident data, patient assessment and patient treatment.
- Receives fire and/or emergency medical calls and alarms.
- Operates radio and other communication equipment in accordance with District policies and procedures.
- Participates in inspections of buildings, hydrants and other structures in pre-plans. 2 Revised 1-2-17
- Performs general maintenance work in the upkeep of fire and emergency medical equipment, apparatus, and facilities.
- Presents programs to the public on safety, emergency medicine, and fire prevention and suppression topics.
- Participates in fire drills, and attends classes in firefighting, emergency medical service, and other related areas.
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Arizona Firefighter I and II certification or NFPA 1001 equivalent
- Arizona or National Registry Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic
- Wildland Red Card certification as a Firefighter II or higher
- Hazardous Materials First Responder certification
- Speak, read, and write the English language
- Meet PFD physical standards
- Meet insurability requirements of the District’s insurance carrier
- Meet PFD residency requirements as set forth in policy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Sierra Vista, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A