The City of San Gabriel Fire Department is seeking qualified entry-level candidates for Firefighter-Paramedic interested in starting their fire service careers with our historic “City with a Mission.” A career with the SGFD offers excellent pay and benefits, a full array of fire services and programs, special assignments, outstanding training and development opportunities, and a great location for living and working in Southern California. THE IDEAL
- Under general supervision, the Firefighter-Paramedic performs fire suppression, fire prevention and rescue operations. Day-to-day duties include responding to emergency medical incidents, structure fires, wildland fires, vehicle accidents, hazardous material incidents, spills, releases, and other types of routine and non-emergency calls for service. The Firefighter-Paramedic must also effectively write incident reports and memoranda, fill out forms, perform public education, make emergency/disaster preparations, maintain station facilities and apparatus, and perform other related and/or special duties as assigned. Firefighter-Paramedics must continuously participate in and complete emergency medical services continuing education credits, firefighting proficiency training, paramedic training, in-house educational programs, and city-wide employee training programs.
- Possess a certificate of completion from a California State Fire Marshal’s Office accredited fire academy or possess a California State Fire
- Marshal Firefighter I Certificate;
- Must maintain accreditation to practice as an EMT-P in Los Angeles County throughout employment with the department.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent;
- To qualify for Entry Level Firefighter-Paramedic, candidates must possess and meet the following:
- Possess a California State Fire Marshal Low Angle Rope Rescue Operational (LARRO) certification.
- Possess proof of passing a Biddle validated physical ability test with in the last 12 months.
- Possess a valid California EMT-P License;
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of employment;
- Must attain a Los Angeles County EMT-P accreditation within three (3) months of appointment;
- Possess a valid California Class “C” Driver’s License at the time of appointment;
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience: Possess a valid California EMT-P License
- Age: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Education: Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A