Responsible for conducting fire inspections, code enforcement, basic review of building plans and specifications, assist in fire investigations, and fire prevention education to the public. While the position functions primarily within the fire prevention office should the employee meet the qualifications detailed in the “On-Call Firefighter” job description they may be given additional duties in the operations division.
- Age: 18+
- Education: NFPA Fire Inspector 1 or equivalent
- Experience: NFPA Fire Inspector 1 or equivalent
- We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills a qualifying, unless specifically stated as required.
- Must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Knowledge of state and local fire codes, building codes, electrical and mechanical codes, and public water supply standards for fire prevention issues.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations relative to the environment and its protection, landlord and tenants’ rights, an ability to maintain an effective working relationship with other town officials, departmental employees, and the public.
- Must obtain NFPA Fire Inspector I or equivalent level of training.
- Experience in the fire codes, inspections, sprinkler systems, construction, code enforcement, or building fields is desirable.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate construction plans, specifications, and other construction documents.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to conduct work within deadlines; the ability to analyze, research and apply appropriate reference codes.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with others.
- Basic computer knowledge to include but not limited to Word and Outlook.
- Ability to learn different reporting software.
- Ability to obtain a working knowledge of department policies and procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: High Point, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A