Conduct monthly and annual inspections and maintenance on portable fire extinguishers, deluge systems, and safety shower located throughout the facility.
- Operate emergency response equipment such as pumping apparatus, portable fire pumps, and response boats for river operations.
- Perform daily station duties, i.e. housekeeping.
- Participate in monthly and annual required training, and maintain certifications throughout employment.
- Response to all fire, hazmat, rescue, and medical incidents within the facility as well as any mutual aid calls received.
- Perform daily and weekly inventories, readiness checks, and preventative maintenance on all equipment under the care of Rural Metro.
- Work on or around waterways.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Work is performed on a 12 hour rotating schedule from days to nights with a long break of seven (7) days, within a 28 day cycle.
- Climb ladders and stairs of various heights and designs while transporting rescue equipment, firefighting tools, and/or fire extinguishers.
- Work in potentially hazardous areas and during inclement weather.
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
- Pass a pre-employment background check.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A