Website Ford Motor Company
The “Lead High Performance Computer Design Engineer” position entails developing, implementing, and testing software, algorithms, and the latest hardware technology. Ideal candidates will have strong experience with designing, debugging, testing, validating, and launching the latest in computer technologies and architectures for harsh automotive or military environments and applications. This position enables the ability to craft new and novel technologies by merging ground-breaking Artificial Intelligence, more specifically, Machine Learning hardware to the latest advances in high performance computer technology to bring Vehicle Localization, Perception, Cognition, and Decision Making to an unprecedented level.
- Develop and deploy quantitative HPC, Edge-compute, IoT, and AV compute validation/verification data and methods.
- Elicit requirements from various stakeholders to optimize the selection of CPU, GPU, FPGA, and other hardware required to process data from sensor platform for objection detection, classification, tracking, intent prediction, and decision-making applications.
- In-vehicle experimental validation and testing.
- Work closely with AVLLC team to deliver High Performance Computer (HPC), Internet of Things (IoT), Edge compute, and system wide solutions that support connected and Autonomous Vehicles (AV), and Smart Infrastructure.
- Computer selection and system integration (modeling, simulation, placement, installation, and operation).
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge in emerging CPU, GPU, FPGA, etc. hardware and architectures.
- Thermal modeling, testing, and simulation of new compute designs.
- Performance test emerging compute architectures and development of cross-industry testing standards.
- Work closely with suppliers to obtain optimized compute solutions, provide performance assessments, develop validation tests, etc.
- Support collaboration with sensor modeling and perception teams, as well as other stakeholders across multiple organizations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working with CAN, UDP, TCP, I2C, SPI, I3C, MIPI, I2S and network routing.
- Systems engineering experience.
- A solid understanding of CPU, GPU, FPGA, and related hardware.
- A solid understanding of high-speed signal propagation.
- 5+ years of experience in developing, deploying, and testing compute hardware solutions.
- Master’s in electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Experience working in a team-based project from inception to demonstration across multiple disciplines, e.g. sensor hardware selection and interface implementation, data acquisition and analysis, mathematical modeling, algorithm development, application implementation, testing and evaluation.
- 15+ years of experience in developing High Performance Computer hardware solutions for harsh environments.
- Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience programming in C++ and other relevant languages (Python, R, C, Java, Ruby, C++, etc.).
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ann Arbor, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A