Website Ford Motor Company
To support our incredible plans for the future of mobility within Commercial Vehicles (CV), there is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Homologation Engineer to join our team, delivering a range of type approvals for Commercial Vehicle Conversions within Ford and to our Customers.
- Lead cross functional teams to resolve homologation issues related to the convertor business.
- Engage customers to ensure homologation requirements are understood and where needed provide consultancy on how to meet them.
- This position will be based at Dunton, Basildon but will also require traveling within the UK.
- Lead and deliver end to end homologation from worst-case agreements to final certificates jointly with customers and technical services.
- Working with Homologation Service Team and alongside Ford Pro to lead the delivery of a broad range of safety and environmental type approvals to UN, EU and other regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attituded and able to work independently with little management support.
- Ability to work in a team, experience of working in cross functional teams is beneficial.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- An ability to understand developing regulations and how to implement them on Commercial Vehicle Conversions.
- Proven experience of working with Technical and Type Approval Services delivering a broad range of safety type approval subjects i.e front and rear occupant protection and exterior safety.
- Proven ability to manage delivery to fixed deadlines and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Homologation / Type approval role.
- Proven experience of presenting to Senior Management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with Internal and External Partners / Suppliers.
- Demonstrable understanding of current challenges facing the Vehicle Conversion industry and the role of Homologation to support the business.
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Basildon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A