Website Ford Motor Company
The hourly rated positions available at Ford Motor Company manufacturing or warehousing facilities are for vehicle or vehicle component assembly. The production worker is required to assemble the vehicle or component part using the materials and tools provided in a predefined order and process. These positions may require the selection, manipulation, attachment of parts onto the vehicle or component using power or hand tools, hoists, or other equipment and machinery.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment, including helping co-workers, maintaining and promoting a safe work environment, treating co-workers with dignity and respect regardless of personal differences, and accepting and following instructions and requests from leadership.
- Must be able to maneuver into, around, and about vehicles or components on an assembly line, or warehouse when performing stock keeping duties. Tasks may require a certain amount of reaching, twisting, bending, and use of a PMHV or hilo.
- Willingness and ability to work on any assigned schedule, change shifts periodically, work more than 8 hours per day and/or work overtime, while maintaining good attendance. Ability and willingness to learn and follow safety rules and procedures. There may be intervals when full time hours are available and/or required. Overtime compensation will be awarded when applicable. Ability and willingness to learn and follow safety rules and procedures.
- Ability to perceive differences in details, when inspecting parts or work performed, checking for defects or quality issues, or when distinguishing various parts/components by identification number or code.
- Ability to learn, remember, and maintain pace of steps involved in performing a job after instruction, training, and familiarization with the tasks. Ability and willingness to understand and follow instructions, both oral or in writing.
- Ability to perform manual labor, standing and walking much of the time, and with a certain amount of manual dexterity (the ability to pick up, handle, and manipulate) parts and materials quickly and accurately. Use hand, power tools, or scanners to install parts on vehicles or vehicle components or locating and obtaining parts for customer orders.
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Macomb, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A