Website Ford Motor Company
We’re seeking a diligent, detail-driven professional to provide vital expertise in support of our manufacturing process engineering activities. We’re looking to you to help us optimize our efforts in safety, quality and productivity. This involves applying engineering principles and analytical techniques to advance continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and products.
- Develop cycle line layouts for current and future models using ACAD. Lead job methodization and process allocations.
- Conduct Job Ergonomics evaluations.
- Recommend most efficient distribution of manpower and review daily employee manpower, analyze plant methods and standards.
- Coordinate engineering changes and planning. Conduct value stream mapping and process audits.
- Analyze production and non-production operations to determine those requiring study and develop new or improved methods and standards.
- Analyze problem process constraints and conduct equipment cycle time analysis.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of cost estimates of new or revised methods and standards.
- Drive development and/or installation of direct and indirect labor standards and methods. Track labor, efficient manpower utilization and line balancing.
- Conduct time and motion/MODAPTS studies and review employee proposals and suggestions.
- Review proposed changes in plant layout, processes, material handling, routing, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1+ years’ experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field
- Exceptional communication skills
- MODAPTS Certification
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills.
- GSPAS knowledge
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience
- 1+ years’ experience in Industrial Engineering (co-op/internships may be considered)
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A