Website Ford Motor Company
The successful candidate will be joining an agile software development team in the Telemetry Control Unit (TCU) organization, responsible for managing cellular data and cloud connectivity for the vehicle.
- Integrating/maintaining software from 3rd party vendors and open source projects.
- Supporting downstream teams investigating issues, resolving defects on the existing code base.
- Optimizing performance and improving robustness of the software.
- Integrating with internal and external teams to deliver cross-functional features that span multiple embedded systems.
- Designing/implementing/test new features.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have experience with common development tools (e.g. git, repo, make, gcc, g++, gdb)
- University degree in a programming/comp-sci/engineering related program (Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of degree completion for the highest level of education attained. If the degree was obtained from a school outside of Canada, an Education Credential Assessment report showing Canadian equivalency is also required.)
- Experience in developing in a Linux-based environment would be an asset
- Experience with common scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl) would be an asset
- Experience with common networking technologies (e.g. Ethernet, IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, ping, ARP, Route, DNS, DHCP) would be an asset
- Must have experience with POSIX-compliant/certified operating systems (e.g. Linux, QNX)
- Experience in embedded software development would be an asset
- Must have experience with C++/C
- 2+ years experience in a software development role
- Must have experience with object-oriented programming concepts
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A