Website Ford Motor Company
The “Lead Analog Design Engineer” position entails developing, implementing, and testing software, algorithms, and the latest analog hardware technology. Ideal candidates will have strong experience with designing, debugging, testing, validating, and launching the latest in RF radio communication as well as sensor driver technologies and architectures for harsh automotive or military environments and applications. This position enables the ability to craft new and novel technologies by merging ground-breaking Artificial Intelligence, more specifically, Machine Learning hardware to the latest advances in analog hardware technology to bring Vehicle Localization, Perception, Cognition, and Decision Making to an unprecedented level.
- In-vehicle experimental validation and testing.
- Elicit requirements from various stakeholders to optimize the selection of RF communications radios, analog sensor driver hardware, and other technology required to process data from sensor platforms for objection detection, classification, tracking, intent prediction, and decision-making applications.
- Thermal modeling, testing, and simulation of new analog/communications designs.
- Performance test emerging RF Radio communications architectures and development of cross-industry testing standards.
- Develop and deploy quantitative RF radio communications validation/verification data and methods.
- Support collaboration with sensor modeling and perception teams, as well as other stakeholders across multiple organizations.
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge in emerging radio, communications, analog hardware and associated algorithms, and architectures.
- Work closely with suppliers to obtain optimized communications solutions, provide performance assessments, develop validation tests, etc.
- Work closely with AVLLC team to deliver Radio Frequency (RF), Analog Sensor, and system wide solutions that support connected and Autonomous Vehicles (AV), and Smart Infrastructure.
- Analog hardware and radio communications selection and system integration (modeling, simulation, placement, installation, and operation).
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in developing, deploying, and testing analog hardware solutions.
- Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Systems engineering experience.
- 15+ years of experience in developing analog sensor drivers and/or RF communications hardware solutions for harsh environments.
- Experience working with WiFi, LTE, 4G/5G, CV2X, and GNSS systems.
- Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- A solid understanding of RF signal propagation.
- 1+ years of experience programming in C and other relevant languages (Python, R, C, Java, Ruby, C++, etc.).
- A solid understanding of communications, analog sensor drivers, and related hardware.
- Experience working in a team-based project from inception to demonstration across multiple disciplines, e.g. sensor hardware selection and interface implementation, data acquisition and analysis, mathematical modeling, algorithm development, application implementation, testing and evaluation.
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ann Arbor, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A