Website Ford Motor Company
A Dimensional Control Engineer is a fast paced, action oriented, engineering position in a manufacturing setting. The candidate with the appropriate skill set and personality will be able to influence the quality of the Focus car build on a daily basis and interact with people in almost all levels and divisions of Ford Motor Company. The appropriate candidate must have excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Interact and guide UAW skilled trades to diagnose and improve the shop’s tooling productivity and capability.
- Self-starter. This is a large facility and the ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks without micro-management is critical.
- A technical mind able to handle large amounts of data and have the spatial perception to accurately apply that information to the manufacturing process.
- Supervise Layout Inspectors and SPC personnel on tasks and be able to express requirements to solve problems.
- A consensus building personality in order to implement improvements as a team.
- Confidence to make timely decisions in the midst of production-critical situations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Familiarity with interpreting and solving warranty and customer concerns, including internal to the plant customers
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification (preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of MS products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point) required.
- Working knowledge of CMM’s, SPC, CAD, and AutoCAD.
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wayne, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A