Website Federal Railroad Administration
This position is located in the Office of Railroad Policy and Development.
- Provide policy advice to support the analysis of financial, operational, service quality, and other performance metrics of Amtrak, other intercity passenger rail operators, and the freight rail network. Provide substantial experience related to working on passenger rail policy development at the state, local or organizational level.
- Prepare communications for internal meetings and external meetings with officials from Amtrak, the Department of Transportation, other Federal government agencies , other passenger and freight railroads, state and local governments, and other interested parties.
- Analyze rail policy and legislative proposals within the Office of Railroad Policy and Development’s jurisdiction. Review and analyze rail industry and Congressional activities related to rail and transportation matters, and identify opportunities for engagement with Amtrak, railroads, state and local governments, and other stakeholders.
- Provide support in reviewing long-term and annual capital, operating and financial, plans for investment in passenger rail assets, including infrastructure, stations, rolling stock and equipment, and other assets associated with the national passenger rail transportation system. Has significant experience evaluating capital projects and capital project portfolios.
- Monitor and provide subject matter input to advance FRA’s interests during the annual appropriations process and other legislation affecting the rail network; work with other FRA and DOT offices to identify opportunities for innovative financing and policy improvements for national rail.
- Research and develop responses to formal and informal requests for information received from Amtrak, State and local governments, railroads, Congressional offices, the Government Accountability Office, the Office of Management and Budget, the Office of the Secretary, and other interested parties..
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- You must be a U.S.Citizen and eligible for consideration.
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date..
Company: Federal Railroad Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A