Website Federal Railroad Administration
This position is located in the Office of Railroad Policy and Development (RPD), Research, Development and Technology (RD&T) Division of the Federal Railroad Administration. The research and development program deals with reliability and system safety issues for freight, commuter, intercity passenger, and high-speed passenger railroads. The employee provides professional engineering services, program and project management, and technical guidance for the RD&T Program.
- Conceives, formulates, proposes, and plans advanced engineering studies, including extensive research, development, demonstration, test, and evaluation programs. These programs and projects develop improved design, maintenance, inspection concepts and enhance occupant comfort and safety; increase reliability and safety of new component design and construction concepts; improve wheel/rail interface condition and energy efficiency and reduced emissions; enhance safe and secure movements of hazardous materials; or address additional requirements to support higher speeds or heavier axle loads.
- Identifies the scope of work needed, defines specific engineering requirements and design criteria, and develops testing and evaluation criteria for the development of
- Provides technical management of R&D projects including work at the Transportation Technology Center, the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, other Government organizations and laboratories, contractor facilities, and various elects and prioritizes research program elements within available resources as defined by the Division Chief and the Office Director and makes technical decisions to ensure that overall program and project scope, objectives, and requirements are met.
improved design and operation concepts for railroad signaling and train control systems.
- Conducts, manages, and directs R&D investigations, which includes selecting a contractor and overseeing the design of analysis methods, the procedures and instrumentation used for testing, and the writing of the final report for track-related projects or rolling stock related projects or train control and communication projects..
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience to qualify
- Direct Hire Authority will be used to fill this position
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date..
Company: Federal Railroad Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A