Website Federal Railroad Administration
The incumbent of this position serves as a Supervisory Information Technology Specialist, IT Operations and Business Intelligence Branch (IT Ops & BIS) Branch Chief, Office of Information Technology, Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), U.S. Department of Transportation, Washington, D.C.
- Manage the IT infrastructure needed to support software code in dedicated, mulit-tenant or hybrid Cloud environments.
- Oversee the operations and maintenance of FRA information technology (IT) systems and applications, which includes hardware, software, communications, cloud hosting, disaster recovery, data analytics, data visualization and business intelligence.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the agency’s IT services and for effective liaison with Departmental and other providers of IT services (voice, data, network, infrastructure, and video) to FRA. Serve as a primary point of accountability and coordination across the agency to ensure consistency and efficient implementation of policies related to data collection, storage, access, release and dissemination.
- Develop and implement business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations, disaster recovery or data loss.
- Supervise the Data and Innovation Team on several FRA Agency-wide programs.
- Determine resource requirements for programs and activities administered by the branch and provide estimates through the budget formulation.
- Oversee the implementation of information technology systems and applications that pertain to the employees of FRA.
- Monitor of all FRA systems and applications and ensure performance parameters are identified, communicated and implemented.
- Execute a wide variety of projects, management-directed activities, and complex work processes to support policy-making decisions and management.
- Advise top management throughout the FRA in all areas of Data and IT Solutions contributing to the mission, goals, and objectives of FRA.
- Establish a clear vision of the data managed in FRA and data-driven decision-making.
- Represent the product on High Priority (HPI) and Critical Priority (CPI) incident calls
- You must be a U.S.Citizen and eligible for consideration.
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
Company: Federal Railroad Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A