Website Federal Railroad Administration
The position is located in the Office of Railroad Policy and Development (RPD), Office of Environment and Project Engineering Division, in the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) in Washington, DC. The Office is primarily focused on improving railroad safety, efficiency and capacity through financial assistance, planning, research, development, and the application of innovative technologies.
- Perform and manage environmental reviews under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for FRA grant programs and actions. Ensure that environmental policy and compliance obligations are satisfied in the planning, developing, and implementing intercity passenger and freight rail programs. Participate on behalf of FRA on Departmental committees, initiatives, and studies related to environmental and energy policy issues.
- Support activities of the Office of Railroad Policy and Development that may include: providing technical assistance to states, railroads and other entities planning rail projects or services, administering grants and loans to Amtrak and other railroads or State and local governments, and assessing the project readiness of rail applications for FRA and DOT grant programs.
- Monitor developments in environmental policy, intercity passenger rail, and freight rail and supports FRA teams performing operating, financial, and policy analyses to assess strategic options for the continued provision of railroad service in the United States.
- Review and prepare comments on draft environmental documents prepared by other agencies. Represent FRA in State and local rail planning meetings, site visits, and public hearings with State and local partners, private industry partners and the public. Work individually or with higher-graded staff on projects and may serve as a team member on some projects.
- Advise grantees in the preparation of passenger (including high-speed) rail planning, service analysis, and investments. Review project documentation and provide guidance to grantees both orally and in writing.
- You must be a U.S.Citizen and eligible for consideration.
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
Company: Federal Railroad Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A