Website City of Frisco
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
- Acts as the primary contact for the vendor of assigned systems.
- Troubleshoots, resolves and documents issues and changes related to assigned applications.
- Evaluates, tests and applies updates and patches to assigned applications on a schedule basis.
- Acts as an escalation point and mentor to other staff as needed.
- Travels to off-site meetings, conferences and training.
- Researches, proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability, features and performance of the assigned applications.
- Communicates effectively with all stakeholders and users to address application issues, upgrades and changes.
- Serves on various technology and organizational teams as needed..
- Ability to customize and configure applications in response to user’s needs.
- Ability to comfortably diagnose and resolve server related issues including those related to IIS, RDS, Terminal Services, Window Services, and other related processes.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and document business processes.
- Ability to realize, document and implement changes to increase reliability and efficiency.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing about technical subjects to non-technical users in a manner in which they can easily understand.
- Ability to effectively communicate with third-party vendors regarding schedules, requirements, issues and changes for assigned applications.
- Ability to install and debug new and/or upgraded software on server and client platforms.
- Ability to understand, gather and document system requirements from the business users.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience administering SharePoint is preferred.
- Experience in a municipal environment is preferred.
- Experience administering Microsoft’s Power Suit (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, Database Administration, or related field; and four (4) years of work experience as a business analyst or system administrator, preferably in a Microsoft environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certifications or equivalent certifications or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment. Database and Networking Fundamentals preferred.
Company: City of Frisco
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Frisco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A