Website Frito Lay
The best jobs in the trucking industry are at Frito-Lay. We are proud to offer you a great starting salary which quickly ramps up for top performers. Your component pay includes stops, unscheduled layovers, delay, dispatch, drop and hook, and so forth.
- This is a physical job. We load and unload trailers — this can be manual, it could involve palletized loading/unloading, or require the use of a two-wheeler. You will also be lifting things over your head.
- You will safely operate a tractor/trailer (usually an automatic Volvo, international or freight liner; diesel/natural gas) and transport products to and from specified destinations in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- You will obtain signature of receipt, pick up returns and complete logs and other paperwork related to deliveries, and review invoices and/or manifests.
- You will use an electronic logging device such as a tablet or an onboard (dash) computer.
- We run routes 24/7 and DOT hours vary slightly by location.
- We have regular contact with our customers, sales drivers, and dispatch, so you can expect talk to people at various points throughout the day or night.
- Your work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed by the FMCSA and require overnight trips as well as weekend and/or holiday work.
- Like the rest of our drivers, you will be responsible for pre- and post-trip truck inspections.
- You will transport chips, dips, and more to and from large grocery stores, Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities, rural storage units, and other traffic centers.
- You can lift 15 to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You will be required to work on weekends and holidays
- You possess a valid Class “A” commercial driver’s license
- You have the ability to work up to 14 hours a day and drive a tractor trailer for extended periods of time, up to 11 hours per day, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have the ability to sit for extended periods of time, up to five hours daily, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You have at least 100,000 verifiable accident-free miles or more than 2,500 accident-free hours
- You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
Company: Frito Lay
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Lynchburg, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A