Website Frito Lay
BFY Brands, the newest brand addition to Frito-Lay (and PepsiCo) has an opportunity for a Cooking Room Operator to join the team. The Cooking Room Operator position is responsible for operating process related equipment and plant process control systems in a safe environmentally responsible manner. If you have never worked in a warehouse environment before, you are welcome to apply. What you can expect is to be working on your feet for the entirety of your shift near heavy machinery in a loud manufacturing environment where the temperatures can be extreme.
- Inspection of belt for fraying ends, cracking on surface of belt on start & end of your shift.
- Keep food zone free of any possible contaminants online.
- Keep conveyor belt free and clear of buildup & foreign materials throughout your shift.
- Maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment- This includes:
- Responsible for the production of image food that meet all quality specifications.
- Must perform periodical cleaning of puffing units throughout shift, to eliminate buildup of carbon and debris on product. Operator must be able to effectively determine when a unit needs a cleaning. Proper cleaning of the puffing unit will also prevent damage to the ring die and molds.
- You are willing to work in an environment that has extreme temperatures, humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, and slippery surfaces
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are willing and able to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
Company: Frito Lay
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Middletown, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A