Website Geek Squad
The Custom Home Lead Installer is responsible for the delivery, installation, configuration, and programming of advanced audio systems in residential and commercial spaces. They need to meet the custom installation standards in device mounting, cable management, power management, and functionality of audio products. This role must have a solid understanding of general electrical and construction principles. They also must be able to follow current National Electrical Code and Uniform Building Code standards as well as any Code or applicable laws mandated by the authorizing jurisdiction.
- Establishes the cabling infrastructure in both retrofit and new construction work environments.
- Programs basic automation and control systems.
- Collaborates with Best Buy sales teams, Custom Installation Managers, Engineers, Programmers, General Contractors, and subcontractors.
- Oversees all aspects of customer deliveries, setups, tutoring sessions, and troubleshooting.
- Drives a positive customer experience by building relationships and providing solutions to their needs.
- Current, valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 75 pounds individually or 150 pounds as a team
- Acquire and maintain any state or local licensing, as required, within 90 days of hire
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have and maintain a driving record which meets Best Buy safety standards (e.g., minimal number of violations/accidents, etc.)
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 year of experience in sales, delivery, installation, or repair OR military equivalent
- Experience in an in-home experience environment
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Experience selling and/or installing home or car AV equipment
Company: Geek Squad
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A