Website Geek Squad
The Deployment Functionality Technician is responsible for the implementation and functionality of the low voltage IT scope of deployment projects, working both dayside and overnight shifts as part of the Deployment Project Team center of excellence. This includes new interactive displays, IT network setups, and reimaging and relocation of retail hardware and peripherals. They are responsible for the installation of the A/V infrastructure and for the upkeep of all applicable merchandising standards. They help with large-scale renovations, vendor supported activities, decommissions, store disaster recovery, special projects, and other company initiatives as assigned. This role assists with the troubleshooting, escalation, and repair interactive display projects. The Deployment Functionality Technician will also perform basic and complex level 2 and 3 installations and repairs that require advanced experience, training, tools, and knowledge. In addition to these responsibilities, they provide support on projects outside of their assigned Best Buy stores including supply chain facilities.
- Adheres to Best Buy Technology Group (BBTG) cabling and device standards.
- Installs and maintains IT and A/V signal distribution in Best Buy stores and supply chain facilities.
- Indirectly leads 2-5 employees as assigned by Project Deployment Supervisor.
- Testing and validation of all installed devices.
- Drives a positive customer experience by building relationships and providing solutions to their needs.
- Assists Project Deployment Supervisor with the training of new project team members.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains low voltage displays, associated systems, and new and existing company electronic systems.
- Leads portions of large-scale projects in support of the Project Deployment Supervisor.
- Performs complex functionality repairs on interactive displays within their assigned area.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge and proficiency of complex vendor-provided displays.
- Current, valid driver’s license
- Have and maintain a driving record which meets Best Buy safety standards (e.g. minimal number of violations/accidents, etc.)
- Able to work extended overnight and weekend shifts
- Able to travel up to 75% of the year
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to safely use small hand tools, light duty power tools, and other in-house equipment
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 year of experience in basic and advanced troubleshooting, repair of electronic displays, and other technical components
- 1 year of demonstrated capability in low voltage cabling and termination
Company: Geek Squad
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tempe, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A