The successful candidate will provide Architecture leadership as a Senior Cloud Architect for all phases of the infrastructure lifecycle from ideation through execution, and ongoing management and support, with specific attention to identifying opportunities for proactive and reactive (self-healing) automation solutions across our organizations. (S)/He will develop and execute new initiatives to simplify, standardize, optimize, and automate designs, tooling, and operations to reduce implementation cycle times, eliminate service downtime, optimize performance, and ensure that all security and compliance requirements are fully governed.
- Overall IT knowledge with more in-depth knowledge of Networking, Security, and cloud technology (Azure specifically) such as topologies, protocols, components and principles
- 24/7 Level 3 On-call support on a rotational basis
- Proven track record of driving transformation in cloud technologies, tools, and processes through a data-driven continuous improvement methodology
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (DNS/DHCP/Firewalls/Sub-netting, etc.)
- Play a key role in the adoption of Azure / Cloud offerings in the enterprise (CosmosDB, Azure Service Bus, Event Hub, AKS, and more)
- Promote the use of Azure/Cloud standardization, shared infrastructure and shared services to reduce costs and improve information flows.
- 5+ years of IT infrastructure technical leadership experience (matrix and/or functional) with at least 3 years of experience in a DevOps oriented team utilizing the AGILE framework with SCRUM methodology.
- Ensure alignment with our Cloud DevOps model based on 100% automation and adoption of repeatable patterns that can be leveraged across the organization.
- Full stack design and development experience within the Azure ecosystem including building platforms and frameworks to create consistent, verifiable, and automatic management of applications and infrastructure between non-production and production environments.
- Proven experience performing root cause analysis of security events and incidents
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chevy Chase, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A