As a Cloud DevOps Network Engineer, you will be a senior member on the team that will develop simple solutions to complex problems, driving our engineering and automation for VNets/ Subnets/ and NSG changes that support/troubleshoot connectivity within GEICO network (Azure and on-prem). This role will possess the ability to research, propose and prototype new principles, technologies, concepts and integrate them using common DevOps practices. The successful candidate will also provide leadership across networking related tasks including strategic decisions around Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, security, and Release Management.
- Proven track record of driving transformation in cloud technologies, tools, and processes through a data-driven continuous improvement methodology
- At least 5 years of experience in a DevOps oriented team utilizing the AGILE framework with SCRUM methodology.
- Full stack design and development experience within the Azure ecosystem including building platforms and frameworks to create consistent, verifiable, and automatic management of applications and infrastructure between non-production and production environments.
- Transforming, integrating, and automating network infrastructure to tightly integrate with SDN(Software Defined Networking).
- Develop and write C# code using .NET 4.5+ framework to support the automation for network related changes/deployment.
- Develop and write powershell scripts in powershell version 4.0+.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (DNS/DHCP/Firewalls/Sub-netting, etc.)
- Proven experience performing root cause analysis of security events and incidents
- Overall IT knowledge with more in-depth knowledge of Networking, cloud technology (Azure specifically) such as topologies, protocols, components and principles
- 24/7 Level 3 On-call support on a rotational basis
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in .NET and PowerShell
- Proven development and maintenance experience
- Demonstrable understanding of Web Services (WSDL, SOAP & REST), XML and JSON document schemas, HTTP protocol, JMS and underlying networking concepts
- Support internal and external audits related to SOX, ISO, PCI DSS, and state compliance
- Expert understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Knowledge of networking components and concepts including subnets, DMZs, routers, switches, and firewalls
- A self-starter demonstrating an ability to transition in technology, lead and guide architecture, and thoughtfully solve problems
- Expert understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git, TFS, Perforce). VSTS and GIT are a huge plus.
- 5+ years in designing, supporting/troubleshooting and deploying network configurations
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and practical application to virtualized Infrastructure (Logical compute, storage and network)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience writing frameworks or developing APIs is a must.
- Worked in a team using agile methodologies.
- Experience with Azure services and Software Defined Networking is highly valued.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chevy Chase, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A